1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information in the following ways:
1.1. INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE USER
In order to allow you to navigate within our apps and for you to enjoy its features and benefits, we need to collect, with your consent, upon registry:
- Given Name
You can use our check-in service, either before arrival either on arrival, in order to speed up all the process and save you time. For this purpose, we might need to collect, with your consent, and depending on the configuration of each hotel:
- Given Name
- Check-In Date
- Check-Out Date
- Estimated Arrival Time
- Reservation Number
- Date of Birth
- ID Card (type, country, number, date of issue, date of expiry, place of birth)
- Mobile Number
- Vehicle Plate
- Fiscal Number
We need to collect this information because it’s mandatory to check-in at our hotel partners. We keep this information after you leave the hotel, for future check-ins, in order to save you time avoiding to fill all your personal information again.
1.2.3. SERVICES REQUESTS / CHAT
You can request any hotel service or ask questions to the hotel concierge. For this purpose, we might need to collect, with your consent:
- Given Name
- Room Number
- Service Type
- Service / Product Options
- Delivery Time
We need to collect this information to allow you to request hotel services through our platform. We keep this information after you leave the hotel, for future stays, in order to give you a more personalized and convenient experience, next time you use our products.
You can use our check-out service, either before departure either on departure at the hotel front desk, in order to speed up all the process and save you time. For this purpose, we need to collect, with your consent, and depending on the configuration of each hotel:
- Given Name
- Check-Out Date
- Room Number
- Estimated Departure Time
- Invoice details
1.2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
1.2.1. DEVICE INFORMATION
In the case of B-Guest Native Apps (iOS / Android) we collect the following information about your device:
- Hardware model
- Operating system version
In the case of B-Guest Web App we collect the following information:
- Browser name
- Browser version
We collect this information for statistics purposes and to help us identify software bugs.
1.2.2. NAVIGATION INFORMATION
We collect information about your use of the application, including the menus / screens visited and when you accessed them. We collect this information for statistics purposes and to give you a more personalized and convenient experience of our products.
1.2.3. LOCATION INFORMATION
We collect and process information about your current location, only if you previously authorize us. We use the information about your location to provide you with the most appropriate information, about hotel services and what to do nearby, by proximity.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect in connection with the provision of our services but also to provide, maintain, protect and improve these services and to develop new services, as well as to guarantee the exercise of users’ rights.
We may use the name given in the B-Guest user profile in the provision of our services.
We use the language or nationality preferences of a user in order to present our services in the language of his choice.
B-Guest processes personal information on Microsoft company servers located in Europe. We may process a user’s personal information on a server located outside the country of residence.
We communicate anonymous data to the Google Analytics service in order to get reports on how our app is used.
We use pseudonymized data through a Google algorithm to monitor application usage.
3. INFORMATION WE SHARE
We don’t share personal information with companies, entities and individuals outside B-Guest,, except in the following circumstances:
3.1. WITH THE HOTELS, APARTMENTS OR OTHER ENTITIES FOR WHICH WE DELIVER OUR SERVICES
The Apps developed by B-Guest are associated with an entity that provides services to the App users. This entity can be a Hotel, Apartment or another type of entity that has built and published an App with the B-Guest platform.
User’s personal data is deleted or anonymised after the guest’s check-out if the guest requests it or after the data expiration period defined by B-Guest (see Data retention period).
We may share anonymised information, that is, information that doesn’t contain personally identifiable information, publicly and with our partners, including information to show trends in relation to the general use of our services.
3.2. WITH THE PLATFORMS WE USE TO BUILD THE B-GUEST SOLUTION
The B-Guest solution is built using third-party platforms for software development, software hosting, component access, frameworks, and service access APIs required to build the B-Guest solution.
The entities that we use for this purpose are identified here and don’t have access to users’ personal data or authorization to access them.
- Microsoft – Solution development and hosting support;
- Google – Solution development and hosting support;
- Apple – Support for iOS Apps hosting;
- Twilio – Support VoIP calls, not having access to the identification of the users who make the calls;
- Crashlytics – Solution development support;
- Elastic – Solution for search and analytics;
- Raygun – Solution for performance monitoring for web and mobile apps;
- Branch – Solution for deep linking;
- Sendgrid – Solution for e-mail delivery;
- Surveymonkey – Solution for surveys.
3.3. FOR LEGAL REASONS
We will share information with other entities external to B-Guest as long as it is necessary to:
- Fulfilment of a legal obligation to which B-Guest is subject;
- Defense of vital interests of the data owner or another single person;
- Exercise of functions of public interest;
- Effect of legitimate interests pursued by B-Guest, since the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the holder that require the protection of personal data should not prevail.
4. INFORMATION SECURITY
We carefully protect B-Guest and our users from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of information in our possession. Specifically:
- Encrypted access to our services using SSL;
- Browsing in B-Guest solutions uses a secure channel;
- We review our practices of collecting, processing and storing information, including physical security measures, to protect against unauthorised system access;
- We restrict access to B-Guest databases and systems to B-Guest’s employees and subcontractors who need them for the performance of their duties and are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations whose non-compliance may lead to disciplinary action or termination of contract.
5. DATA RETENTION PERIOD
Your personal data will be kept for the period of time necessary to provide our services through the B-Guest platform, until you delete your user account, or until you exercise your right of opposition, withdraw your consent for the treatment or ask for the elimination of data.
6. RIGHTS OF USERS OF THE B-GUEST SERVICE
Users of the B-Guest service – data owners – have the right to access, rectify and delete their data, as well as the right to limit treatment, the right to object to data processing, the right to data portability and still have the right to withdraw consent at any time (without affecting the lawfulness of the treatment made on the basis of the consent previously given).
These rights can be exercised through the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users may submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority (CNPD) for any violation of data protection legislation.
8. COMPLIANCE AND COOPERATION WITH REGULATORY AUTHORITIES
10. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
Using the B-Guest application may imply the transfer of your data outside of Portugal.
In such a case, B-Guest shall comply strictly with the applicable legal provisions, in particular as regards the determination of the adequacy of the level of protection of the personal data of the recipient country of the transfer, as well as the requirements applicable to the transfer.