In the second half of 2019, the new 5-star hotel of the PortoBay group opened in the historic centre of the city of Porto, with the usual high standards, a reference of the hotel chain. PortoBay Flores built in a palace with 500 years of history, is a fusion of the Classic and the Contemporary and is comprised of two different buildings: a 16th-century palace and a new wing, built from scratch.
Aiming to provide its guests with a great experience, even before arriving at the hotel, the group chose B-Guest to provide a simple and quick Check-in process. The partnership between PortoBay and B-Guest began in 2018 with the Online Check-In product at PortoBay Serra Golf. Over time the group has expanded this product and Tablet Check-In to other hotels.
Online Check-in is available to the hotel guests since October and was well accepted from the get-go.
In November, the hotel also started offering the Tablet Check-in, which had an impressive acceptance, with a 89.78% utilization rate in the first month.
Main benefits provided by Online and Tablet Check-in:
- Reduction/no queues at the hotel reception;
- Increased guest satisfaction by providing a fast and simple check-in process;
- Optimization of staff’s workflow to engage in other guest-focused activities;
- Better guest data to offer them a personalized stay;
- Reduction of paper used in hotel reception.